I filed suit in one county under MVA venue statute which allows suit to be filed where any of the damages arise. Judge then granted the defendant’s motion to transfer to a different county. I’m considering seeking a writ, but wonder if there’s any chance of success?

Answer: This appears to be a discretionary matter for the judge. See: Groendyke Transport, Inc. v. Cook, 1979 OK 59, 594 P.2d 369: Not error to decline to transfer from OK County, where Plf’s treating Doctors were, to county where accident occurred. Distinguished: Safeway Stores v. Martin, 1974 OK 149, 530 P.2d 131, on ground med experts in that case were examining Doctors suggested by Plf’s attys.