Friendly Suit Order

Do you have an order for court to sign allowing minor to withdraw settlement funds one they turn 18?

Answer: We posted an order in the pleadings section here on the website. An even better solution is to insert language in the original order approving settlement the date the minor will become 18 and authorize release of the funds after that. This eliminates the necessity for the order upon the minor turning 18. The language we use is:

“$xxx,xxx payable to ******, Mother and Next Friend of *****, a minor, to be deposited into a trust account for the benefit of the minor at ****** pursuant to 12 O.S. § 83. The money so deposited shall not be withdrawn, without further order of this Court before June 13, 2007, when the minor, ************, reaches age eighteen.”