Car Wreck Case

I have a car wreck case with limited liability coverage, big damages, and a question about UM Coverage. Do I need to name the UM Carriers as Defendants?

Answer: If you have a UM coverage problem, it makes sense to join the UM carrier and litigate that while you’re litigating the underlying BI claim. If you don’t have a coverage issue, you may be better off just suing the tortfeasor and putting the UM carrier on notice, which will bind the UM carrier as to the finding of liability and damages under Keel v. M FA, 1976 OK 86, 553 P.2d 153.