Everything listed under: lienholder

  • How do I Get Medical Providers Before Court to Allocate Insufficient Settlement?

    I have a PI case where settlement is not enough to pay all of the medical lienholders. Do I file the lawsuit, formally settle the case, and then file my motion against the medical lienholders. Do I need to serve summons on the defendant before I do this? Is the filed petition enough to give the court jurisdiction to distribute the funds among the lienholders? Do I need to have the lienholders as named parties, or can I just give them notice of the pending hearing? Where is the venue? Treatment was in different counties, I am in a different county, and the place of the accident is in a different county. Do I get to choose, and am I better off selecting the county of at least one of the medical lienholders?